Welcome

Pages

Labor & Delivery








WOW!!! All i can say is that labor was a lot easier than i expected. It is the after pain and healing that hurts the worst!! Our day started on Monday night at 6:00 when we headed up to the hospital to get induced. When i arrived i was all ready dilated to 4 1/2 and my water was about to break. They hooked everything up and started the pitocin so labor would get going. After an hour or so the contractions started, but weren't strong enough for me to get an epidural....( i am terrified of needles) when i finally was dilated to about a 7 i couldn't take it anymore and I wanted the pain to go away!! I was so scared but the anesthesiologist did an amazing job and i actually loved the numb feeling that my legs felt, it was so cool..and with the pain gone i really got the chance to enjoy what was going on! Around 2 o'clock in the morning the nurse came in an said let's get a head start since she is really high still and start pushing . We pushed for about 30 minutes but then had to stop because Ellie's heart rate dropped. They had me tossing and turning trying to get her heart rate back up. They then had to put a breathing mask on me to try and get more oxygen to my little one. The nurse then thought that we should try pushing a little to see if that would help bring up her heart rate. With one push her heart rate jumped right back up and she was crowning... my doctor still hadn't arrived and my baby was about to come out!! The nurses had planned on me pushing for a few hours but Ellie decided to come out in a hurry!! While i laid there in stir ups, with Ellie crowning they told me i had to HOLD it so i could wait for the doctor :O are you crazy, hold it!! I held Ellie in the crowning position for about 20 minutes...it was so painful and hard. Finally my doctor arrived and with one little push Ellie slipped right out! It was the most amazing thing in the entire world to see her and know that me and Cj had made this beautiful little girl! We are so thankful for everyone's prayers and support through out these past 9 months!! We love you!

2 comments:

the dye family said...

ahhhh.. she's soo beautiful. i can't wait for your next one.. cause maybe i'll have one with you (:

i just love you guys (:

Trinity said...

She is beautiful. I cannot wait. Thanks for saying-it wasn't as bad as you thought. I am scared. We are going to try and go natural.