Welcome

Pages

2 weeks old!


















2 weeks have come and gone already! Life sure has changed so much and sleeping has become something of the past, ha ha but me and cj are loving every minute of it :) Ellie is such a great baby besides that she has her days and nights mixed up so she is sleeping all day and up all night...me and her have had to sleep downstairs so Cj can at least get a few hours of sleep every night before he needs to head off to work. Luckily my sisters are able to come over for a few hours in the day so i can take a nap. Breast feeding is still not going to great, but i am continuing to try. I pump and bottle feed most of the time though..at least she is getting fed :) We just went to her 2 week appointment and she is now 6 pounds 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She has put most of the weight on her cute little face..i love her double chin! I am finally starting to feel normal besides those moments where i get depressed and can't stop crying. I have heard that baby blues are normal and i am hoping that is isn't anything more serious! I hate feeling depressed, it ruins your whole day :( I LOVE my baby girl and feel so lucky to be her mommy!!

8 comments:

Lacey said...

She is so precious! The time flies by...don't worry about the baby blues alot of women get them. I had them with colby bad...I would be fine then all of a sudden cry for no reason. Or I would cry when he would cry because I couldnt get him to stop. It will go away eventually. Hang in there. :)

kari said...

Oh my gosh, it's been too long since i have seen her. She is even more beautiful then last week. I love these new shots you got of her. Precious! I would love to come help anytime also, just let me know when. There doesn't need to be 10 of us there at the same time. lol

the dye family said...

i love the one of her hand... (: sooo cute! awh. it was good seeing you guys today (: love you!

Evaly said...

Gotta love the crazy hormones! Make sure you sleep as much as possible. My doctor says sleep deprivation is what leads to the scary/serious postpartum depression. Take care of yourself!

3 Men & a Lady said...

She is so dang cute, Shalise!!!! First of all, breast feeding and I have a love/hate relationship, so I feel your pain! For something that is supposed to be so "natural" it is hard! Hang in there, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out. Just keep at it and do your best, which sounds like exactly what you are doing. :) I have to second what Evaly says about the wacky hormones and sleep. Let people help you... that's what they're there for. :) Finally, when are we going to do Ellie's newborn shoot? She's a total doll!

Trinity said...

She is so flippin' cute! I want to squeeze her cheeks. I am glad you are starting to feel back to normal. Keep us update.

Anonymous said...

Shalise, totally agree with Evaly and Nat! You need to take care of yourself too! It's so hard being a new mom to remember yourself, but it's very important. And cute little Ellie is not a burden for others to watch her for a few hours for you! Love ya! Hang in there... where were you today?

Anonymous said...

Lise, she is so dang cute! I love her to death, she makes me baby hungry.